Today, things move fast. Trends, styles, changes, media, information. The speed of information in particular contributes to the current human theme of connection. Whether through social media, webcams, cell phones, skype. . . etc people today are always in touch. Not only are people connected but so is the information we share. I believe that we thrive as a species when we have a multitude of talent and information at our disposal. Striving to gain experience in everything around is a huge personal goal of mine. Anything I learn can be applied to my creative endeavors and will only serve to make me a better artist.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Color II - Templates with Color-Aid

 These are templates done with Color-Aid paper for my Color class, Spring 2011 with Professor Slater Tanner. They are basically just color problems I solved with colored paper.
One Color as Two
Both squares are the same color but the color surrounding them makes them appear to be different.


 

Two Colors as One
Even though the inner squares are different, they look almost the same because
of the background that surrounds them. Below are the two inner  squares placed closer together.



Shades
Tints
Over, Under and On
These templates create interesting illusions with color


This is part of a series of posts from my color class, to view more, click below:
Next: Musical Interpretation