Today, things move fast. Trends, styles, changes, media, information. The speed of information in particular contributes to the current human theme of connection. Whether through social media, webcams, cell phones, skype. . . etc people today are always in touch. Not only are people connected but so is the information we share. I believe that we thrive as a species when we have a multitude of talent and information at our disposal. Striving to gain experience in everything around is a huge personal goal of mine. Anything I learn can be applied to my creative endeavors and will only serve to make me a better artist.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Color Study - Historic

For my color class, I needed to take two pieces of artwork, one contemporary and one historic and reproduce them in a range of color schemes. This is my historic piece, a japanese ukiyo-e print from the late 1800s.


What follows are (rough) reproductions of this print in varying color schemes. Monochromatic, Primary, Complementary, Analogous and finally a reproduction of the actual palette.
Ukiyo-e Print Reproduction Monochromatic (blue)
Ukiyo-e Print Reproduction Primary Colors (red, yellow, blue)
Ukiyo-e Print Reproduction Complementary (yellow and purple)
Ukiyo-e Print Reproduction Analogous (red, yellow, orange)
Ukiyo-e Print Reproduction Actual Palette


This is part of a series of posts from my color class, to view more, click below:
Next: Color Study-Contemporary